Member of Parliament for
Brigg & Goole and the
Isle of Axholme

Andrew Percy MP

Updated Links to Support and Advice Relating to Covid-19

Updated Links to Support and Advice Relating to Covid-19

Andrew has posted an update on his Facebook page with the following useful links for individuals, employees and employers, and businesses.

Andrew explains, "I have provided below some useful links which relate to many of the questions being raised with me locally at the moment. We have lots of local volunteer groups offering support and I have listed some of those previously. 

"The links below are mainly links to the national support and advice, or that offered by local Councils. I want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to support residents and businesses at this time. There is not a government anywhere in the world that isn’t being challenged in the same way that we are. 

"I hope these links are of use."



Displaying Symptoms:

Check if they are Coronavirus symptoms here:

Get in touch with NHS by using NHS 111 online, then calling 111 only if necessary. Information on self-isolation timescales here:

Guidance on Self-Isolating if displaying symptoms:


Social Distancing Guidance:

Support for Extremely Vulnerable People:

If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable, you can register yourself or someone can do so on your behalf so that the government can provide support. You will be asked for your NHS number but it is not essential:



Both North Lincolnshire Council and East Riding Council are providing extra support for the most vulnerable including with food, picking up prescriptions etc. There are also countless local support groups doing this as well as friends and neighbours. For those who can, please make use of friends, family or the many local groups set up to support you. If this is not possible then please make use of the Council services detailed below.


North Lincs Council are providing support to the most vulnerable and who cannot receive support from elsewhere. Call 01724 297000 then select option ‘0’ for Covid-19 Support, or fill in the following form:

East Riding Council has set up a dedicated number which is operational between 9am-9pm Monday to Fridays and 9am-6pm at weekends. This will link into the localised Community Hubs set up across the East Riding. Please call 01482 393919 or email requests for support to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Morrisons run "Morrisons Food Boxes" for people who are self-isolating:

Asda operates a "volunteer shopping card" that can make it easier for someone to shop on your behalf:




Lindsey and North Lincs Age UK Advice




Universal Credit:
To apply, call 0800 328 5644 or complete online form below. The phone line is very busy so I am told that if you register on-line you should receive a call from the local JobCentre Plus within a few days.


A useful guide on Universal Credit:


Employment and Support Allowance:
Check eligibility ( then call Jobcentre plus at 0800 169 0350




Guidance for Employees on the various support available:


If you have been told to self-isolate, obtain NHS note from this website: .


Information on the Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Scheme):

As residents will know, as a Government we have agreed one of the most generous job support schemes in the world, covering up to 80% of wages if your employer furloughs you. This is to save jobs and prevent employers laying staff off.


ACAS Advice Line (Government funded independent Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration service):


Statutory Sick Pay:

We have extended sick pay in response to the Coronavirus crisis.


Health and Safety Executive Coronavirus Advice:


Health and Safety Executive Reporting Details:


A guide on Mortgage Payment Holidays:



NL Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services:
For carers of children, contact Duty Team if concerned at 01724 408460. Contact Access Team on 01724 382015 for 16 and over.


Scunthorpe and District MIND:

Confidential Listening Service provided. Call 01724 279500


Hull and East Yorkshire MIND:


Anxiety UK Coronavirus Support:


Ongo Talk:
Free counselling and life-coaching for areas of Scunthorpe. Please use postcode checker before using here: (
Form here:…/ongo-talk-mental…/application-page/


NHS Mental Health Self-Help:


Telephone 116123


The links below list the very generous schemes we have introduced to support businesses so that we can try to save as many jobs as possible.


The Government has released new sector-specific guidance for employers during COVID-19: 


The Government has also provided updated guidance to assist employers, businesses and their staff in staying open safely during COVID-19: 


Self-Employed Income Support Scheme:


Income Tax Deferral for the Self-Employed:


Government Support for Businesses:


Humber Local Enterprise Partnership Business Support:


Apply for £10,000 Small Business Grant -


North Lincs Council:


East Riding of Yorkshire Council: -[]=58

Business Rate Holiday Scheme for Leisure Retail and Hospitality Sectors:


Cash Grant for Leisure, Retail and Hospitality Businesses:


Business Rate Holiday for Childcare Nurseries:


Business Interruption Loan from the British Business Bank:


Struggling to Pay Taxes:
Call 0800 024 1222 or use online Webchat…/webchat/payment-problems… . Covers Self-Assessment Payments, VAT Employers PAYE and Corporation Tax


VAT Deferral Scheme:


Reclaim Statutory Sick Pay:
HMRC expects the law to change to allow small businesses to reclaim SSP for those self-isolating


Font Size: Larger | Smaller | Reset