Andrew Percy

Andrew Percy

Former Member of Parliament for Brigg & Goole and the Isle of Axholme


Check if you are displaying Coronavirus symptoms here:

Get in touch with NHS by using NHS 111 online, then calling 111 only if necessary. Information on self-isolation timescales here:

Guidance on Self-Isolating if displaying symptoms:

Social distancing guidance:

Support for Extremely Vulnerable People:

If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable, you can register yourself or someone can do so on your behalf so that the government can provide support. You will be asked for your NHS number but it is not essential:


General support for those who are already getting benefits:

Universal Credit:
To apply, call 0800 328 5644 or complete online form below. The phone line is very busy so I am told that if you register on-line you should receive a call from the local JobCentre Plus within a few days.

A useful guide on Universal Credit:

Employment and Support Allowance:
Check eligibility ( then call Jobcentre plus at 0800 169 0350


NL Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services:
For carers of children, contact Duty Team if concerned at 01724 408460. Contact Access Team on 01724 382015 for 16 and over.

Scunthorpe and District MIND:

Confidential Listening Service provided. Call 01724 279500

Hull and East Yorkshire MIND:

Anxiety UK Coronavirus Support:

Ongo Talk:
Free counselling and life-coaching for areas of Scunthorpe. Please use postcode checker before using here: (
Form here:…/ongo-talk-mental…/application-page/

NHS Mental Health Self-Help:


Telephone 116123

British Red Cross’ free coronavirus support line

The helpline is open 7 days a week for anyone needing emotional support, feeling lonely or worried, and in need of speaking to a friendly voice. The number is 0808 196 3651 and the line is open daily from 10am to 6pm


North Lincs Council support for vulnerable people:

East Riding Council support for vulnerable people:

Morrisons run "Morrisons Food Boxes" for people who are self-isolating:

Asda operates a "volunteer shopping card" that can make it easier for someone to shop on your behalf:


Lindsey and North Lincs Age UK Advice


Guidance for Employees on the various support available:

If you have been told to self-isolate, obtain NHS note from this website: .

Information on the Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Scheme):

ACAS Advice Line (Government funded independent Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration service):

Statutory Sick Pay:

Health and Safety Executive Coronavirus Advice:

Health and Safety Executive Reporting Details:

A guide on Mortgage Payment Holidays:


The Government has released new sector-specific guidance for employers during COVID-19: 

The Government has also provided updated guidance to assist employers, businesses and their staff in staying open safely during COVID-19: 

Support for the self-employed:

Government Support for Businesses:

Humber Local Enterprise Partnership Business Support:

North Lincs Council business grants:

East Riding of Yorkshire Council business grants:[]=58

Business Rate Holiday Scheme for Leisure Retail and Hospitality Sectors:

Business Rate Holiday for Childcare Nurseries:

Business Interruption Loan from the British Business Bank:

Struggling to Pay Taxes:
Call 0800 024 1222 or use online Webchat…/webchat/payment-problems… . Covers Self-Assessment Payments, VAT Employers PAYE and Corporation Tax

VAT Deferral Scheme:

Reclaim Statutory Sick Pay:
HMRC expects the law to change to allow small businesses to reclaim SSP for those self-isolating