Created: 18 March 2020
Andrew has provided the following coronavirus update on facebook:
"I appreciate this is a worrying time for many people and advice will be changing rapidly in the coming days and weeks. However, I have posted the most recent advice below.
"The Government yesterday announced a support package of £350 billion to business to help save jobs and protect the economy. We can expect more bespoke support aimed at vulnerable groups and worker in the coming days. Of course, billions of extra has already been made available for the NHS and care services.
"It seems like everybody is a pandemic expert these days (including some politicians!) but the reality is very few of us are, especially not on social media. Every action the Government is taking is based on the independent scientific advice being presented to Ministers. Different countries are at different stages of the pandemic and the way it is presenting changes from country to country, meaning different actions will be taken at different times. I'm avoiding online 'experts' and would advise we all follow the official advice which is posted below - . "
- against ALL non-essential travel globally
- If someone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus, everyone in the household should stay at home for 14 days.
- Against social activities such as visiting pubs, restaurants, and the theatre.
- Against having friends and family visit your home.
- Where possible, people should use online NHS services in order to reduce pressure on in person services.
- Against people using public transport, particularly during rush hour. Instead people should vary the time they travel.
-People to work from home, where possible
This is strongly advised for people aged 70 and over, pregnant women, or anyone with underlying health conditions.
The latest government advice is available to read here: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response?fbclid=IwAR1QDUuNz_UfcHjlhe5Q6SC0ElsKE_Vzok-u-A2TWMxNkpfmGliqGQTl_fY
- Public Health England and the Department for Education (DfE) has published guidance for schools and other educational settings in providing advice about COVID-19, available to view here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1MXz8h-eb97eKaDbed25d1LIBGlpRnnI41yq-ITt6wDnABgbzZcRmzLgo
- Public Health England has released guidance on mass gatherings, available to view here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-guidance-for-mass-gatherings?fbclid=IwAR2EIK6bHK_z2F4ulJNNX9q6s5JoNsiYHINsDlSslHLbJrAhnpCGjvtXvh0
- The NHS advice on COVID-19 is available to view here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
- Support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses can be found here:
- Travel Advice can be found here: www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus. For British Nationals stranded abroad please phone: 0207 008 1500
- Guidance to Employers and Businesses can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1F43PhcLAJ9O-4xIlkNy1aSTn6dCMHx2ymzkyp-mDRaeVWEsTjKuGxwHU
For information on the Chancellor's announcement please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/chancellor-of-the-exchequer-rishi-sunak-on-covid19-response?fbclid=IwAR2D26fS4hK4tSLWGC1bxxlmd1XI3kwlU8kup6BhMaJH8KFLSyx8oZayJzY