Created: 30 November 2017
The Flood Warning Service is a free service provided by the Environment Agency to warn you about flooding and provide advice about what to do before, during, or after a flood. Visit www.gov.uk/flood or call Floodline 0345 988 1188
There is a lot of information online and there are three simple steps you can take to be better prepared for flooding:
1) Check your flood risk:
Enter your postcode on www.gov.uk/flood to find out if your home or business is at risk of flooding.
2) Sign up to our free Flood Warning Service:
Sign up for free online.
3) Know what to do when flooding happens:
The best way to protect yourself is to know what to do in advance and know how to act when you receive a flood warning. The Environment Agency issues three levels of flood warnings:
• Flood Alert – Prepare. Flooding is possible.
• Flood Warning – Act. Flooding is expected. Immediate action required.
• Severe Flood Warning – Survive. Severe flooding. Danger to life.
You can learn more about this plan at: https://floodsdestroy.campaign.gov.uk/